Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Blog Post #5 PLN

A Personal Learning Network is a group of people, social media or web pages that could be used to enhance your learning Network. As a teacher a PLN can help you connect with teachers around the world and also teachers who teach in your same exact field. You can communicate with these teachers along with learning from some of the things they are doing with their students. A PLN is a quick tool that you can set up to gain fast access to the information you use on the regular.  A PLN can be set up by using two different web sites, Symbaloo or Netvibes. Inside these sites there are small icons that are links to things you use as your personal learning network.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1o7XE_I253WjkaxlGTB1ZiKRpCERszSmHTsOsCLUKdCg/embed?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000" frameborder="0" width="480" height="299" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>
I created my PLN by using Symbaloo. It was easy to log in and set up my page. After deleting a few icons, I added my own few which included a link to my blog, and a link to EDM310 Blogspot. I Believe a PLN can be very beneficial for fast, on the go access to information. When you increase you PLN is when you can have complete control over your new learning experience.




3 comments:

  1. Good post Corey, you did a nice job of explaining all the benefits of a PLN. Just make sure your font size is always consistent throughout your blog posts and that you do not use contrasting verb tenses within one sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corey, I found your personal learning network informative. I will create an account Symblaoo to expand my PLN. Teachers definitely need to extend their ideas to other professionals. What great benefits you pointed out with building a PLN. These personal learning networks communicate, ask advice, explore and share teaching experiences. It's interesting you can add PLN into Symbaloo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, but don't forget that each blog post requires working links!

    ReplyDelete